At PharmEnable, our mission is to make a difference to patients by developing the next generation of small molecule drugs for challenging disease areas. We have an exciting opportunity to join the PharmEnable team and be involved in a key communications role within the business.
Who we are: PharmEnable is a drug discovery company using advanced medicinal chemistry and AI approaches to develop highly complex, specific and novel small molecule drugs to treat conditions of high unmet medical need. We are a growing biotech business working on expanding and progressing our drug discovery portfolio.
What your role will be: As our Communications Manager, you are responsible for continuing to develop and implement the company brand identity and core messaging through a variety of channels. You will be responsible for the company website and blog, social media campaigns, company newsletter, development and distribution of press releases. You will also support our internal communications, events and investor relations. You will:
- Management and execution of communications: social media, newsletters, blog and press releases. Management of internal communications. Campaign metrics and performance reporting by using different analytic platforms.
- Website updating and management of agencies to ensure maintenance. Performance reporting.
- Management of the PharmEnable brand to accurately communicate the company values and culture, and to position PharmEnable as leader in the field. Continuous development of messaging.
- Management of agencies and contractors to create and maintain all brand assets, as well as development of new visuals and design.
- Development of the PharmEnable message; ad hoc workshops (with team and/or board) to refine messaging and strategy.
- Supporting investor relations management through writing communication reports and delivery of events to engage investors. Input on slide decks, messaging and positioning.
- Working collaboratively as part of the wider PharmEnable team, contributing to the PharmEnable learning culture and to upholding the company values.
We are interested in: : A talented individual with either a strong communications background and some experience working for life sciences / pharma companies, or a strong scientific background with some communications experience and a desire to take your career in a communications direction. An understanding of life sciences company messaging is essential, as are exceptional writing and communication skills.
In addition, the following are desirable, but not essential:
- Experience managing social media, including paid and organic campaigns.
- Website copy writing.
- Writing blog or news pieces – please send in links to writing examples with your application if available.
- Good understanding of company branding and identity.
- Experience in Canva and PowerPoint.
- Strong interest in science communication.
We are looking for: Someone who is passionate about making a difference to patients’ lives through helping us deliver and communicate our company mission. We are a collaborative team, who put great effort into team-work, continuous learning and above all creating a working environment where we embrace each other’s strengths and enable each person to achieve their potential. Your commitment to that way of working will be key.
What we offer: A permanent full-time or part-time position and the opportunity to work with a highly motivated team of world-class scientists and business leaders, a flexible approach to working life with the ability to work from home. Originally founded in Cambridge (UK), we are a remote-first company with our team based across a number of different countries. We offer a competitive package and the opportunity for an impactful role within a growing business.
How to apply: To apply for this position please send an email including your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com.
The deadline for receipt of applications is: Friday 6th January 2023