We have an exciting opportunity to join the PharmEnable team and be involved in an important role of delivering our drug discovery programmes. Our mission is to make a difference to patients by developing the next generation of small molecule drugs for challenging diseases.
Who we are: PharmEnable is a drug discovery company using advanced medicinal chemistry and AI approaches to develop highly complex, specific and novel small molecule drugs to treat conditions of high unmet medical need. We are a growing biotech business working on expanding and progressing our drug discovery portfolio.
What your role will be: As Finance Manager you will be responsible for producing financial reports, financial forecasting, budgets and developing future strategies. Guiding senior executives in making sound business decisions in the long and short
term. You will:
- Develop and manage budgets, cashflow, forecasts, and reporting, including presenting financial reports to board members, stakeholders, executives, and clients in formal meetings.
- Use advanced financial analyses and modelling to simulate economic scenarios and determine the present and future financial condition of the company.
- Develop financial management strategies to reduce financial risk, provide relevant recommendations to maximise cashflow, identify areas for potential improvement and assist senior executive in decision making.
- Research, analyse and report on external factors and market trends that could influence the company’s performance and use this to develop long-term and strategic business plans and funding strategies.
- Complete accurate monthly and annual financial reports and statements, interpret data, prepare, and publish all financial documents and ensure adherence to industry regulations.
- Responsible for the day-to-day financial operations within the company, such as payroll, invoicing, and other transactions, including establishing and maintaining financial policies and procedures for the company.
- Contract and oversee outside services for tax preparation, accounting, banking, investments, and other financial needs as necessary.
- Stay up to date with technological advances and accounting software to be used for financial purposes
We are interested in: : Talented candidates with an advanced degree in accounting, business, economics, finance or a related field with several years of experience in a finance role. You will also have meticulous attention to detail with excellent mathematical and analytical skills. Strong problem-solving abilities and critical thinking are also essential. The successful candidate is expected to be/have:
- Highly organised with the ability to work under pressure and prioritise tasks to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of leadership and wider PharmEnable team.
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills.
- Solid proficiency in Microsoft Office, accounting software, and other financial planning software.
We are looking for: Someone who is passionate about delivering high quality work, supporting the company to ultimately impact patients’ lives. We are a collaborative team, who put great effort into team-work, continuous learning and above all creating a working environment where we embrace each other’s strengths and enable each person to achieve their potential. Your commitment to that way of working will be key.
What we offer: A permanent full-time position and the opportunity to work with a highly motivated team of world-class scientists and business leaders, a flexible approach to working life with the ability to work from home. Originally founded in
Cambridge (UK), we are a remote-first company with our team based across a number of different countries. We offer a competitive package and the opportunity for an impactful role within a growing business.
How to apply: To apply for this position please send an email including your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com.
The deadline for receipt of applications is: Friday 6th January 2023